Students and Educators Honored by MOSAICLegacy
Moreno Valley – Recently, Inclusivity Awards Honorees and MOSAIC Scholarship Recipients were recognized at the Inaugural Gala held at the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center.
Graduating seniors honored at the Inaugural Gala earned a $1000 MOSAIC Scholarship to continue their post-secondary education.
The 2022 Riverside County All-County Academic Scholars
• Yarely Aguilar, Moreno Valley High School
• Jaelyn Bowman, Upland High School
• Eunice Chae, Excelsior Charter School
• Jaylah Delone, Valley View High School
• Jamila Hill, Etiwanda High School
• Yahir Jimenez, San Bernardino High School
• Fernanda Rodriguez, San Bernardino High School
• Jasmine Salinas, Moreno Valley High School
• Ashley Torres, San Bernardino High School
• Andres Vazquez, San Bernardino High School
• Catalina Vite, Beaumont High School
“We are committed to providing scholarships to support students who honor diversity and create unity among their peers of different cultures, ethnicities, races, and backgrounds,” commented Dr. Judy White, MOSAICLegacy Founder. “I continue to be impressed with the accomplishments of each student. It is evident by these accomplishments and what we see each and every day from these young people that our future is in very good hands.”
The Inclusivity Awards recognize outstanding educators who value and celebrate the voice and perspective of people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and backgrounds. These educators create a culture of inclusivity in classrooms, schools, and other educational organizations. Each honoree received a personalized plaque.
The 2022 Inclusivity Awards
• Tonya Almeida, Director II, Center for Teacher Innovation, School of Education, Riverside County Office of Education
• Renae Bryant, Ed.D., Director English Learner and Plurilingual Services, Anaheim Union High School
• Linda Gilbert-Williams, Teacher, La Jolla Elementary School
• Rosalba Gonzalez-Rodriguez, Principal, Castle View Elementary School
• Antoinette Gutierrez, Ed.D., Principal, San Bernardino High School
• Courtney Kane, Professional Development Specialist, La Jolla and Honey Howell Elementary Schools
• Janice Kolb, Teacher, La Jolla Elementary School
• Berenice Powell, School Secretary, Palm Middle School
• Eltonia Williams, Teacher, Mountain View Middle School
In addition to highlighting the award recipients, the Inaugural Gala featured a silent auction, networking activities, entertainment, dinner and dancing.
Dr. Judy White, retired Riverside County Superintendent of Schools, established MOSAICLegacy in 2018. MOSAIC is an organization consisting of multicultural and diverse women who are committed to excellence; personally, professionally, socially, and spiritually. Organizational membership includes four counties: Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, and San Diego. Its vision is to unite in making a difference in our communities by intentionally modeling inclusivity.